If you don’t know what to make for dinner yet and you need something quick and easy, try baked ravioli.
It is one of the easiest dishes in the world to make because all you have to do is layer it, then put it in the oven.It’ll be ready faster than you know!
A Quick & Easy Meal
I love a saucy baked ravioli dish. And lately, I’ve been craving Italian, so this was the perfect meal for last night. It even tastes great the next day as a left over.
If you love ravioli, especially when it’s covered in heaps of marinara and loaded with mozzarella cheese, this may be the dish for you.
It’ll be hard to keep those little hands off of the dish (especially with all that cheese).
Putting baked ravioli together takes you less than 10 minutes. Non-active time (i.e. baking) takes a little over an hour, so you are merely waiting and can do other things in the meantime.
It’s in one dish, so it makes clean up fast too.
This recipe was adapted from Betty Crocker’s Easy Ravioli Bake and is ridiculously simple.
Since I wanted more flavor, I used meat-filled ravioli (ravioli bolognese), added diced onions, and a can of tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano.
Sprinkle crushed basil on top for the final touch and it’s ready to bake! If I had spinach leaves, I would’ve added that too or maybe even some chopped zucchini for a boost of nutrition.
If you want to save time, buy chopped frozen onions and crushed, frozen basil (unless you don’t mind a little chopping).
The ravioli I used were huge. I had 6 on the bottom and only 1 other layer. If you have a bigger family, buy a larger bag and layer accordingly.
It’s always good to have some extra cheese on the side too.
Here’s my version of the recipe:
- 1 (26 Oz) jar pasta sauce
- 1 (14.5 Oz) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano, and garlic
- 1/4 C chopped onion
- 1 (16 Oz) package meat-filled ravioli
- 2 C mozzarella cheese (plus more if needed)
- 1 Tbsp. crushed basil
- Grease a 9X9 baking dish with olive oil
- Add a layer of frozen ravioli to the bottom of the dish
- In a separate bowl, mix together the pasta sauce, onions, and diced tomatoes.
- Pour the pasta mixture over the ravioli and top with mozzarella
- Repeat this process.
- When finished, add the final layer of mozzarella on top and sprinkle with crushed basil.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes at 350.
- Remove foil and bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
Email subscribers, if you can’t see the recipe in ZipList, please click on the email link in the footer.