I had a rough start nursing and pumping, but these 5 things made life much easier for me!
1. A good quality, electric double-breast pump. I purchased the Medela Pump in Style with Metro Bag. It wasn’t cheap, but it has been essential. I can take this bag with me wherever I want as it has a wall charger and also a portable, battery operated one. I often use my pump while driving in the car (as a passenger of course!).
2. A soothing nipple cream. I love Nuk Natural Lanolin with Avocado much better than other brands that I’ve tried. It’s soothing, smells yummy, and isn’t sticky.
3. A hands-free pumping bra. I finally invested in a hands-free bra and it sure has helped! I’m able to pump both breasts while typing on the computer (like now). It beats having to hold both pumps in place. You may feel like a cow and your husband might laugh, but it sure saves time!
4. A nursing bra or camisole. My sister bought me a nursing bra as a “push gift.” I absolutely love it. It has made nursing much easier especially while on the go.
5. A nursing station. At night, I also pump, so I have a nursing station set up next to my bed which includes all the necessary items for nursing and pumping. I bought a small shelf from Ikea where I put my pump, pumping equipment, a baby bottle, burp cloths, water, and more. It helps to have everything in one place for night feedings and pumping.
What are some essential items you use for nursing and pumping that you cannot live without?